[This page was reviewed on Wed 17 Jan 2024]
Prophet ﷺ said
الْمُسْلِمُ أَخُو الْمُسْلِمِ لاَ يَخُونُهُ وَلاَ يَكْذِبُهُ وَلاَ يَخْذُلُهُ
The Muslim is the brother to the Muslim, he does not cheat him, lie to him, nor deceive him.
Jami' at-Tirmidhi 1927 (Hasan)
What are Cookies
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by websites you visit. They help identify your preferences for a more personalized experience. There are two types: persistent (remain after going offline) and session (deleted when you close your browser).
We utilize cookies in the following ways:
- Personalized Login: To identify you when logging into your account for a personalized experience.
- Save Preferences: To store your preferences, such as font choices for reading the Qur'an, ensuring a seamless experience across visits.
- Minimize Cookies: We prioritize using your browser's local storage feature whenever possible. Local storage is within your browser and does not transmit data to the server unless explicitly sent.
- Enhanced User Experience: Local storage is employed for preferences to ensure the best user experience.
Third Party Services
We integrate the following third-party services that may employ cookies or persistent storage:
- Google Analytics: An analysis tool aiding us in enhancing user experience. No personal identifying information is collected.
- Sign in with Google: This service allows convenient login using your Google account.
- Mixpanel: Another tool focused on improving user experience by identifying and addressing potential issues.
These are the only third-party services we utilize. Additionally, we leverage search engines like Google or Bing for your ease in discovering our site when needed.
We send events to our servers when you or any user visit certain types of pages or perform some action. The sole purpose of these events is to improve user experience.
Every account on this site is identified with its associated email address. This means that if you use the same email address across multiple third-party services (e.g., Google and Microsoft), you will be identified as the same person.
We store the following information when you sign up for your account:
- Your email address: This is the primary information needed for your account, as it is used for authentication during sign-in.
- Your name (if set from your public profile page).
- Your username (if chosen).
- Your session information, allowing you to track your active logins. You can sign out from any of your sessions if you don't recognize the device or suspect account compromise. Please note that we do not use this information for any other purposes.
Your accounts are used to store the following:
- Bookmarks: To retrieve your bookmarked items from the bookmarks page.
- Creation and sharing of public/private collections.
- Qurʾān memorization tracking.
- Qurʾān revision assistance.
- Display of your account handle/username in public information.
- If you have special permissions to submit ḥadīth or article changes for review, your username is disclosed to other reviewers to facilitate the review process and increase your points.
- Any other personalized experiences.
We Care for You
Please note that we genuinely care for our users, and we do not disclose any of their information to any third-party agency or company to the best of our ability. We absolutely do not sell users' identities to spammers, ad agencies, or any other entities, including Facebook, Google, or others. We believe we are answerable to Allāh on the Day of Judgment, and nothing will avail us any benefit against His Will.
We exercise extreme caution with our data, ensuring authenticity and respecting users' privacy. We do not compromise in any situation, in shaa Allāh. Please remember us in your prayers for steadfastness.